The Dever-McCormack K-8 School is a Boston Public School in Dorchester, Massachusetts. We serve 1300 children from grades K1 to 8. Our top priority is to prepare students for academic success in high school, college, and career while also providing meaningful opportunities in the arts, athletics, and leadership. We welcome you to explore our website and discover what we have to offer!
La Dever-McCormack K-8 es una escuela pública de Boston en Dorchester, Massachusetts. Servimos a 1,300 niños en los grados K1 a 8. Nuestra prioridad es preparar a los estudiantes para el éxito académico en la escuela secundaria, la universidad y en sus carreras personales. También proporciona oportunidades significativas en las artes, deportes y liderazgo. Los invitamos a explorar nuestro sitio web y descubre lo que ofrecemos.
- English Language Arts MCAS starts in two weeks! These are the most important tests that our students take all year. Make sure that your child is well-rested the night before and comes to school on time! Each grade is testing on different days. The schedule is below:
* Grade 4 & Grade 7 Long Composition – Tuesday, March 18
* Grade 3 and Grade 6 Reading – Wednesday and Thursday, March 19-20
* Grade 7 and Grade 8 Reading – Monday and Tuesday, March 24 and 25
* Grade 4 and Grade 5 Reading – Tuesday and Wednesday, March 25 and 26
- There is no school on Monday, March 17 (Evacuation Day).
- School Site Council will meet on Tuesday, March 18 from 6pm – 7pm.
- An exciting announcement from Boston Public Schools: Comcast Internet service is now available to ALL BPS students for $9.95 a month for as long as they are students in BPS. To sign up, families can call 1-855-8-INTERNET or visit www.internetessentials.com to learn more. Families can also purchase a $150 netbook at the time they sign up.
- Dever-McCormack is featured in the BTU Newsletter! Click here for Amika Kemmler-Ernst’s article and slideshow about her visit to our school.